Tuesday 25 March 2014

Kalymnos Calling

100 days we have been in Ariège now - how time flies! It has been a much milder winter than last year with hardly any snow falling down at Chez Arran, which once again has proved a fantastically quiet place to spend time.
I have made huge progress with the next version on Eastern Grit which means I can ease back a bit and get some more climbing done.
I can almost feel the crinkly sharp Kalymnos limestone on my fingers, and the hot Greek sun on my back. Looking forward to sunsets on the terrace, Mythos and Metaxa in the bar - hooking up with old friends and easing back into island life.
The plan had been to return to the UK before we headed East, but Sherri found flights from Carcassonne to Stansted for €20 and Stansted to Kos for £20 - so one night in the UK (the Raddison!!) and onwards - can't wait!

No comments:

Ch Ch Ch Changes

The progress from my severe spinal stenosis back in December/January continues, though at times it feels pitifully slow - though of course i...